The Research Analyst will support both the consultancy and research arms of Busara in making informed decisions and setting priorities on projects.
The RAs will be expected to have accurate knowledge of a situation, a market, an issue or a social context that is often useful in accessing project parameters. The RAs will engage in a variety of research activities both qualitative and quantitative and is required to have ahigh level of self-motivation and energy, an optimistic, “can-do” attitude, and very strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Additionally, the research analyst should have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The Research Analyst will work closely with the Busara-Kenya Office and occasionally directly with researchers (academic researchers) to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Engage in multiple large-scale research and consulting project at a given time.
- Managing external and internal engagements independently and with limited supervision.
- Interprets, evaluates and clarifies research requests to determine potential data sources and informational resources; identifies and discusses research needs.
- Provides customized research reports, highlighting main findings and key points, and effectively communicate the results to the user both orally and in writing.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves inquiries on external and internal research data and acts as research resource person for internal faculty, senior administration, staff and external parties.
- Recommends data sources and database design as well as makes recommendations on all phases of research projects.
- Help in designing effective survey instruments and coordinates all activities associated with the survey study including formatting, scanning, analyzing, summarizing and presenting results; writes reports highlighting key findings and makes presentations of results.
- Be detail oriented while sustaining a global focus and vision for institutional planning and decision making.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative, research, and data analytic skills
- General Logistics planning; including but not limited to pre and post planning of field activities to ensure the smooth running of the projects.
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned by your supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fields.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative, research, and data analytic skills.
- Extensive experience managing large scale research and consulting projects in Kenya.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player.
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English language.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials-preferred.
- Familiarity with STATA.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that the subject line reads: Analyst REF NO: BU-2017-02-07
Deadline to apply is 21st February 2017.